In Haiilo Cloud you have the possibility to use your own individual domain.
All you need are the following requirements:
- Your Haiilo is hosted in the Haiilo cloud
- You are in possession of the "Custom Domain" add-on
- You are the owner of your own domain and have access to the DNS (Domain Name System) server responsible for the domain
- The configuration of the DNS server must allow Let's Encrypt to issue the certificates
Afterwards you can start the setup.
Once the requirements are met, any user with the super admin permission status will see the appropriate section in Haiilo Administration (Administration > General Settings > Domain).
In the following steps you can set up the custom domain:
- First, enter the desired domain in the text field. This can be freely chosen by you and does not have to contain the term "coyocloud".
- Now you have to verify the domain. This is done in the Domain Name System (DNS server) of the selected domain. Simply copy the desired domain into the DNS. Back in Haiilo click on the button "Check DNS contribution".
- If everything went smoothly, your Haiilo system will now find the domain in the DNS and can verify it. A certificate will be installed automatically by your Haiilo in the background.
- Finally you can activate your new domain with one click.
Done! From now on you can reach your Haiilo with your new individual domain.
What happens to the previous .coyocloud.com URL?
After activating the custom domain, the old "coyoapp.com" address will remain active. Users who still enter the old URL just at the beginning will be automatically redirected to the new custom domain. Nevertheless, we recommend communicating the URL change transparently before activation. For example, users of the mobile app should log out and log back in once after activating the new domain.
In addition to the custom domain, you can also set up a custom email address. Here you can find out everything you need to know about this.
Does anything change by using a custom domain?
Please note that you may have to share another IP address internally if you use a custom domain. You can read more about this here: Permanent IP addresses in the Haiilo Cloud.
If you are using a white label app, please contact our service desk before activating so that the app can be adapted for an upcoming app version.