To mark the 2020 UEFA European Football Championship, we have a betting game for you that you can integrate directly into your Digital Home.
This article looks at a possible expansion. You can found out how to integrate and activate the app in the article The UEFA Euro 2020 Championship app.
Expansion of your betting game
To round off the "betting game experience", we recommend setting up a dedicated Community for it. This enables all of those interested to come together in one place and actively interact with each other.
This Community can be promoted on your Homepage using a teaser widget. This quickly raises awareness of your cCommunity in the company.
Set up the Community
In the basic settings for the Community, set the visibility to "public". This enables anyone to join straight away. You can change the configuration in the Community settings.
Next, consider which apps you need in your Community. The following apps are used in our example, and we will explain the details to you below:
To provide initial orientation, we have set the content app as the start app. The teaser widget, the RTE widget, and the buttons create a clear overview. In this content app we explain the Championship game and the rules. The buttons at the end of the rules are optional. These link directly to the betting game and the bonus questions. As you are staying in the same Community, your users could also use the navigation.
Adding bonus questions to the game is a great additional guessing game for your users. You have two options here: A (second) content app with the survey widget or a form app:
- The survey widget is easier for you to evaluate at the end, but no free text answers can be entered. If you want to add the bonus questions at the beginning of Euro 2020, you thus need to give 24 possible answers. If there are multiple questions, the page quickly becomes very long.
An alternative to the survey widget would be for you to only add bonus questions from the round of 16 or quarter-finals.
- If you’re using the form app, we recommend the following settings:
- Each colleague can only submit one entry.
- Users cannot see the results. This keeps things exciting.
The form app offers you more options for asking questions.
However, the evaluation must be done by hand.
- Free text answers
- Answers with options (e.g. for the group winners)
- Numbers fields (e.g. for questions such as "How many matches in total will be decided by penalty shootouts?")
The timeline app offers your users the option of discussing the matches and the Euros in general. However, it is not the central element in this Community, which is why it is not in the first place as the start app.
Other options for expansion would include, for instance, the integration of an RSS feed for the match days or a teaser that celebrates e.g. the ones that come top in the ranking.
We are always delighted to hear about any other ideas you come up with. You’re welcome to send us screenshots of your betting game.