This article is concerned with a feature in development. The technical prerequisites will gradually be added to the product and are only available to Cloud and Private Cloud customers.
We are opening up COYO for your own ideas.
Those who need to show additional use cases in COYO or connected platforms to each other can do this by developing various plug-ins. In this article, we keep you updated on the development of the COYO plug-ins.
Current development status
With each of the upcoming Cloud updates, we are expanding the scope for action for the plug-in owner. The following configurations, among others, are already possible:
- With the help of the built-in option, plug-ins can be made configurable
- Developers can give the plug-in the optimal height so that the widget reacts responsively.
- Plug-ins can display any static content via an iFrame.
What’s more, personalized use cases are possible, as we provide plug-in developers with the following user information: User ID, username, user language, user e-mail.
- Once programmed, plug-ins behave like widgets: They can be activated as you like in the desired placed using the widget catalog.
- The local deactivation of a plug-in does not delete the global plug-in.
- The management of plug-ins is controlled via a corresponding permission.
- A guide is available, which is intended to help plug-in developers implement their ideas.
Plug-ins are added and activated in Administration under the menu point Apps & Widgets > Widgets > Add and activate plug-ins.
In order to be able to see this item in the menu, the permission "Manage plug-ins" must be assigned.
In the article "How to add plug-ins", you will see an example of how to set up and add plug-ins.
How mature is our plug-in API?
In short: The plug-in API is currently in the beta test phase. The first technical processes will be implemented from version 27. With these settings in the background, developers can begin to create and test plug-ins. This first step certainly won’t cover every conceivable use case.
Do you want to help us by testing the API? We’d be delighted to receive valuable feedback to validate and develop our technical concept. Get in touch with us now via our Service Desk or your Account Manager.
Can anyone who wants to program features do so using the plug-in API in COYO?
If you would like to add features to COYO, you first need activation. During the beta test phase, this is free of charge. Timely communication of when the beta phase will end will naturally be provided across all of our channels.
Please note that you need very good developer skills to implement plug-ins. Alternatively, we’ll be happy to put you in touch with one of our partners.
We recommend our developer guidelines for this.