If a user has forgotten their password, they can simply click on the button "Password forgotten" on the login screen.
Two options for resetting the password then appear:
- Either the user is sent a recovery link to their e-mail address saved in COYO or
- they have the superadmin contact them.
Option: Yes, send me a recovery link
This option is for the users whose e-mail addresses are saved in COYO. They just enter their username or e-mail here.
- You then only receive an e-mail if you have already been activated in the system by your administrators.
- When resetting your password, please be sure to use the e-mail address that you used to register in COYO.
- Nothing’s arrived? Please check the spam folder in your e-mail inbox. Some very restrictive spam filters often filter out these kinds of e-mails.
Option: No, please contact me.
This option is for the users who have been created in COYO without a permanent e-mail address. They use a form to enter their contact details so that the superadmin saved in COYO can then contact them.
All fields must be completed.
The user immediately receives a confirmation that their contact information has been forwarded successfully. At the same time, the superadmin receives an e-mail notification that the user has requested a new password. This e-mail contains the user’s contact details and a precise description of what to do next.
The superadmin manually sets a new password in the user administration of their COYO interface and sends this to the user or tells it to them over the phone.
Once the user logs in with their new, temporary password, they’ll receive a request to change the password received from the superadmin to a password that only the user knows.
Resetting doesn’t work.
- Password submitted twice:
If you have entered your new password, please only click on the login button once. The password is automatically accepted and you can log in again. Clicking a second time triggers an error message (invalid).
- Our password requirements have not been observed:
We describe the precise requirements to you in a separate article. You can find the article here.
- Time exceeded(only applies to users with e-mail addresses saved):
The link to reset your password is valid for one hour. If you’ve exceeded this period of time, you need to request a new link.