COYO has an extensive API (Application Programming Interface). By using this interface, users can also be created when the right "key" is presented.
This CSV import can also be performed by our service operators. A fee is charged for this, which is based on workload. If you are interested, you can simply request the service via our Service Desk. Find out more here about the advantages of importing via API interface.
Requirements for the CSV file
To allow us to create users for you via CSV using the API, certain requirements must be fulfilled in terms of the structure of your CSV file:
- email* (must be unique)
- groupid1 (optional)
You can find the ID of a group in the URL when you’re in the group settings in Administration. If there are several groups, several columns need to be completed in the CSV (groupid1,groupid2)
- roleid1 (optional)
You can find the ID of a role in the URL when you’re in the roles settings in Administration. If there are several roles, several columns need to be completed in the CSV (roleid1,roleid2)
- active* (must be true or false. For "true", the user is activated directly)
- superadmin* (must be true or false. For "true", the user becomes a superadmin)
- welcomeMail* (must be true or false. For "true", the user receives a welcome mail)
- generatePassword* (must be true or false. For "true", a password is generated for the user and sent by e-mail)
- password* (necessary if "generatePassword=false". Also note the password policies)
- loginNameAlt (optional - an alternative login name which the user can use to log in. Particularly practical for dummy e-mail addresses, which are otherwise set as login names)
- displayname (optional - the user’s display name)
- phone (optional - common special characters for telephone numbers such as ( ) + - are permitted
- mobile (optional - can only include numbers)
- birthday (optional - stated in the format DD.MM.YYYY)
- jobtitle (optional)
- department (optional)
- location (optional)
Fields marked with * are mandatory fields and must be completed correctly.
There are also other requirements and criteria that need to be taken into account:
- Quotation marks are not permitted
- Our COYO support users require the permissions of a superadmin on your platform
- The groups and roles must already exist in your COYO
- Existing users cannot be edited in this process.
To give you a more precise idea of the structure of the CSV file, we have added an example file at the end of the article.