Your Haiilo is about to be launched and some users have already been created locally in Haiilo to create content, but now you want to connect a user directory e.g. an Active Directory and change the local users to it?
In this article we will explain how to connect local users to a user directory afterwards:
- First of all your Haiilo needs an active user directory (here you can find instructions)
- Then you edit in the administration the user you want to connect
- It is important to note that this user has not yet been synchronized via AD
- In the "Remote user directory" field, specify the active user directory
- In the field "Remote user ID" you have to enter the ID that the user in your user directory has in the field that you specified in the configuration of the user directory in Haiilo under "User ID".
- The value you define as the referenced user ID connects the user to the respective user account of the user directory
- At the next successful synchronization of the user directory, the user accounts will then be connected accordingly
If you encounter problems, you can find information in the backend log.
As an on-premise customer, you can view the backend logs on your own.
As a cloud customer, we can do this for you. All you have to do is create a ticket in the service desk.