Once the shell of your digital home is standing, it’s important to get started on the interior construction next. You have the opportunity to create layouts in various areas of Haiilo.
It’s important that you think about how your layouts should look and what information you really need at the start. Your users should ultimately love Haiilo and get a great first impression of your digital home.
We thus recommend that you answer the following questions in advance:
- What user groups are there in the company?
- What do your users or user groups require for their everyday work?
- What content needs to be available when the project goes live so that the users can find what they are looking for?
- What are your users looking for?
Before you get started with the rest of the setup, you should become more aware of subjects that are relevant for your users’ jobs or that interest them. This includes, for instance:
- Everything relating to the company and its business (e.g. developments, innovations)
- Useful and interesting information from (successful) projects
- Interesting and helpful information from internal experts
- A touch of humor should also not be missing, despite all the business.
To make sure your users feel comfortable and you offer them an optimal user experience, you should ensure when designing the layouts that they are clear and structured. Your imagery and word choice should also be as simple as possible so that your users can find their way around right from the beginning.
Be sure to avoid duplication! Firstly, because theglobal search finds all of the content in Haiilo and, secondly, because it would otherwise be hard for your users to ascertain what the "single genuine source" is.
Speaking of searching: We recommend writing out abbreviations in full in continuous text in order to help your users find content more quickly. It’s possible that certain abbreviations are commonplace in one department but not in others. It is therefore important to consider all of your target groups here.
Have you already seen our factsheet "Become a professional blogger in 4 steps"? This gives all editors, power users, and managers from Communication and Marketing valuable tricks to optimally structure texts.
How and where can you create layouts?
Haiilo offers you the option of working with apps and widgets. These functionalities give you the chance to create your themes individually, flexibly, and in a versatile way according to your needs.
What is available to you and where?
- Apps and widgets
- Apps and widgets
You can find out more about how to create layouts in your digital home here.