2. The permission "Edit files with Microsoft Office", which is assigned in Administration.
The system role External Community Member does not have the permission "Edit files with Microsoft Office". As system roles cannot be edited or changed, there is currently no way to grant external users this permission.
Edit Office documents in COYO
There are benefits if you edit your files directly rather than downloading them first:
- If you save changes within the document, these are saved directly in COYO.
The document is then immediately available to all of your colleagues in an updated form.
- You have a history, which can be accessed by all of your colleagues. This allows you to restore an older version if necessary.
- You colleagues will see when the document is being edited.
- Your colleagues can see who is currently editing the document.
Who can unblock the files?
Error message when uploading edited Office documents – check settings in the Trust Center
If you receive an error message when uploading the edited Microsoft 365 documents, the cause may be a missing setting in the Trust Center of the respective Microsoft Office application. The interface used by Microsoft generally classifies pages from the Internet as "unsafe". This can be set in the Trust Center. Enter the URL of your COYO Cloud environment under the option "Trusted locations".
You can find out more about Microsoft 365 integration here.
*Note about older versions of Office
The Office protocol handler now used is available from Office 2010 SP2.
With Office 2010 - Service Pack 2, "Edit in Office" could also work, although we don’t support Office 2010 and therefore cannot offer any support here.