- General information
- Use search filters correctly
- Search suggestions in COYO
- Influence of umlauts on the search
- Time information in the search
- Are there differences between the "normal" search and the search for hashtags?
You can find more information about our search in these articles:
- Sorting of the search results
- Use search operators
- Find M365 files from SharePoint Online in COYO
- Find Google Workspace files in COYO
- Full-text search: If you enter a search term, COYO will search through everything. This includes files and chats.
- Filters: To gain a better overview when there’s often a large number of search results, filters will help you limit the results.
It’s currently possible to filter by "type" of the post, the last "modified" date, the place of publication ("location"), and the "author".
- Suggestions: COYO learns and suggests alternative results to you if there’s an obvious typing error.
Search suggestions in COYO
Once you begin typing a term into the search list, the search will automatically provide you with suggestions for a possible search term. This helps you find exactly what you’re looking for more quickly. The search also provides more precise, better, and more detailed extracts from the search results.
Use search filters correctly
- Type: Here you can see all of the post types in which your search term has been found.
- Modified: You can use the time period to apply restrictions here, such as adding a filter for the latest documents.
- Location: All of the pages, communities, and events that contain the search term are listed here.
- Author: If you know who published the content that you’re looking for, this is the most accurate and fastest filter.
You’re looking for a document and know that it’s in a chat. In this case, you can use the global search function and then simply click on the filter "Messaging". If you even know which chat it is, you can limit your result even further. Simply select the corresponding sender/recipient.
Influence of umlauts on the search
You’re not sure whether the word was written with or without an umlaut? No problem! COYO doesn’t make any distinction here, meaning:
If the name "Müller" is used in a post, you will find the post using both the spellings "Müller" and “Mueller".
Time information in the search
Are there differences between the "normal" search and the search for hashtags?
Yes, there are. We want to clarify the difference for you using an example:
However, in the hashtag search, you will not only find the items that contain "marketing" if you only search for "#marketing", but all of the posts in which this hashtag has been used.