Create local users within COYO
In Administration, you have the opportunity to create what are known as local users.
These users are only saved in your COYO environment and otherwise have no connection to other systems.
- Simple and intuitive handling by inputting into the COYO front end
- Fast and direct implementation within a few minutes – even without technical expertise
- Little effort with a low number of users and/or low fluctuation in employees
- This version is complex for first-time user import with a large number of users
- Manual workload every time employees change
Use of automatic user directories with scheduled jobs
- Synchronization and comparison are fully automated
- There’s no need for manual corrections and errors
- The most efficient data transfer option with a large number of users
- Our experts will provide assistance with configuring the settings in the COYO Administration if necessary
- Setup and initialization involve technical effort
- Synchronization only works with a corresponding configuration of your user directory
- You are personally responsible for the correct setup and network activation and may need support from the provider of the directory
COYO only reads user directories. No entry is added in your user directory if data differs in that it exists in COYO but not in the directory.
Create users via API interface
The alternative: a certified COYO partner or our qualified operators. A fee is charged for this, which is based on workload. If you are interested, you can simply request the service via our Service Desk.
- Users are created directly
- One-time higher workload
- Good preparation possible
- Easy to use afterwards
- In-depth technical knowledge or consulting budget required
- An automated import does not take place
Import users via CSV file
From version 23, users and groups can also be imported directly via CSV file in the application. This can be helpful if you have an LDAP server but don’t want to/can’t connect it to the COYO server.
This is presumably the simplest and fastest method, but is subject to some restrictions.
- Fast and simple import of many users and groups
- CSV file can be generated from an LDAP server
- User information can be updated by adding the file again
- No additional technical workload by configuring the firewall, LDAP server, etc.
- Not all user information can be used