To import your users into Haiilo, you have several options.
We will show you here the advantages and disadvantages of each variant and then in these articles you will find more information on how to integrate each variant:
- Create, delete & anonmyize local users
- User directory: Basics
- User directory: CSV import
- User directory: Google Workspace
- User directory: Microsoft Graph
Create, delete & anonmyize local users
Within Haiilo Home there is a simple and intuitive way to invite new users: In the administration you have the possibility to create so called local users. These users are only stored in your environment and have no other connection to other systems.
- Simple and intuitive handling through input in Haiilo Home interface
- Fast and direct implementation within a few minutes - even without technical know-how
- Little effort with a low number of users and/or low fluctuation of employees
- For the first-time user import, this variant is time-consuming for large numbers of users
- Manual effort with each change of employee
User directory: AD, LDAP, Google Workspace or Microsoft Graph
User administration by hand is often not possible - this may be due to security requirements or the large number of users.
Haiilo Home offers you a simple, albeit technically more demanding solution: You can automatically run "jobs" via user directories that synchronize your user data with that from a central directory at set times. You can choose between AD (Active Directory), LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol), Google Workspace or Microsoft Graph.
Haiilo only reads user directories. No entry is made in your user directory if data differs in that it is present in Haiilo but not in the directory.
- Synchronization and alignment are fully automated
- Manual corrections and errors are eliminated
- For a large number of users the most efficient way of data transfer
- Our experts provide support in configuring the settings in Haiilo Administration if required
- Setup and initialization are associated with technical effort
- Synchronization only works if your user directory is configured accordingly
- You are responsible for the correct setup and network activation and may need support from the directory provider.
Import users via CSV
Users and groups can also be imported directly via CSV file. This can be the workaround if you have an LDAP server but can't/won't connect it to the Haiilo server.
This is probably the easiest and fastest method, but it has some limitations.
- Quick and easy import of many users and groups
- CSV file can be generated from an LDAP server
- User information can be updated by re-inserting the file
- No additional technical effort by configuration of firewall, LDAP server etc.
- Not all user information can be used