In theory, it’s absolutely possible, but it involves some degree of work and affects your COYO environment. All existing links to and within your COYO will no longer work after the change. The best example of this are all of the links that have been posted on your timelines, which will lead nowhere after a URL change.
As a result, in practice, we would advise against this as it has unpleasant effects for normal users:
- Bookmark saved in the browser no longer work.
- The cache must be completely emptied.
- Existing links within COYO aren’t changed and don’t work anymore.
- All widgets that work with permanent URLs need to be customized (e.g. the downloads widget, bookmarks) and possibly also the launchpad.
- If you have a white label app from us, it must be adapted by a new app version.
In our COYO cloud you can change your subdomain (subdomain.coyocloud.com). You can do this yourself via the Customer Center after logging in.
If you have any concerns, please contact our Customer Success Team. To do this, you need to create a ticket in our Service Desk. Our qualified colleagues will support you with your questions and clarify the further procedure together with you.
If you have a white label app, you need to let us know so we can adjust it in a timely manner.