Do you need help taking your first steps? No problem! Here you can find an article on the basic setup of COYO’s permissions and roles system and help in creating your concept.
These roles are available in addition to the default role
Initially, four other roles are stored in your COYO besides the default role:
- page/community admin
- external community member
The superadmin, page/community admin, and external community member are known as system roles. The permissions for these roles cannot be changed.
Example: Default role vs. admin
These settings only work if you set up a default role. Please first check whether the settings suit your purposes or changes need to be made to the permissions.
This is what a user with these general default permissions can do
In short: access all of the important areas within COYO.
The permissions assigned above include, among other things:
- Social interaction options such as "like" and commenting
- Read access to documents and the option of changing their own documents
- Access the homepage
- Access pages, communities, events, search and the list of colleagues
- Report inappropriate content
- Access the local "function user": Can create posts within pages, communities, and events in their name but not globally.
What effect do the additional permissions of the admin role have?
As the name already suggests: a supplementary one.
Users with the admin role have the following permissions, among others:
- Add general and constantly visible widgets to overview pages, homepages, pages and in communities that are independent of apps
- Edit and delete documents and create publicly available links
- Notification of reported content and access to all reports
- Access the global "function user": Can post in all areas of COYO in the name of a page, event or community.
- Option of inviting groups, the members of communities and page subscribers to events.