The teaser widget is a great way to make Haiilo more personal and attractive. You can highlight the most relevant news and other updates by using this feature. With the teaser widget, individual slides can be integrated with pictures and texts, you can create static pictures as well as slideshows. Behind every slide, you can add a link that is reached when the slide is clicked on.
Create teaser widget
To integrate a teaser widget on your homepage or into a page, you need to switch into the"Edit layout" mode. Please note that you require the corresponding permission (moderator mode) to do so.
The widget catalog opens by clicking on a green plus. You can find the teaser widget under the static widgets tab.
Once you select the widget, the settings panel opens. On the left side you can see the options for the teaser and decide about various settings:
- For the display, you can choose between a carousel, a tile view or a slider.
- For the teaser size, you have the options landscape and square. Here you should consider the position of the teaser. Square, for example, looks better when the teaser is inserted in a narrow column.
- In the Text Alignment grid you determine the position of the text on the slide.
- When you rotate the slides, you can determine the display duration of the individual slides.
On the right side you can add new slides with your images and texts.
You can then also edit or delete these slides using the three dots.
The slides can also be moved by dragging and dropping them. Simply click, keep the mouse pressed, and move them to the appropriate position.
Create a new slide
You can create new slides by clicking the "New slide" button. A slide must always contain an image. Additionally you can:
- add a title,
- add a subtitle,
- link the slide to another link (e.g. website),
- choose whether a new tab should be opened when clicking on the slide.
The "Alternative Text" is an optional field. The description should include what can be seen on the corresponding image.
In the "Green company slide" seen above, the alternative text says "Woman looking at a forest".
When you have set all the options, click "Apply changes" and your new slide will be added to the teaser. If you want to discard your changes, click "Back".
You can also move the slides by dragging and dropping them over the number of slides. Simply click on them, hold the mouse button down and move them to the appropriate position.