iFrame is a format that allows you to display other websites in your digital home.
Within Haiilo, you can add iFrames using what is known as the "iFrame" widget. The prerequisite for this: You need to be the admin of the page/community and require the permission to create and manage global widgets.
Use the iFrame widget
- URL: Insert the complete URL address (incl. https).
- Pixels: Specify how high the picture section should be. You have already specified the width by choosing the column width.
- Scrolling: Describes whether a fixed image should be displayed or whether users can scroll down the linked website within the iFrame.
SSL standard when using iFrames
Haiilo uses the SSL standard to offer you a safe platform. You can see whether a page uses SSL by the URL: https URLs use SSL, whereas http URLs don’t use the secure standard. Ihr könnt dementsprechend nur Seiten einbinden, die über eine https-URL verfügen.
Help, I can only see a gray box!
If you’re only shown a gray box, there’s probably a problem with the target page. The most common sources of error are:
- Lack of SSL standard on the integrated page or
- Blocking of iFrames by the target page. As a result, it’s not possible to integrate Google and YouTube, for example.
Why does the iFrame widget not function with Google Maps?
As standard, Google offers the possibility of generating links to integrate maps, although this is output directly as HTML. This format cannot be recognized by the iFrame widget. You need to use the HTML widget to integrate Google Maps.
Can websites without SSL also be integrated via the iFrame widget?
No, there’s no facility to integrate websites that have no SSL encryption. Most browsers prohibit the integration of "unsafe" pages via http for security reasons.