Using the history, it is always possible for you to see changes or restore older versions.
Where do I find the option of uploading a new version?
1. In the folder overview: You can access the options via the three dots to directly upload a new version.
2. If you are already in the preview for the document, click on the small document symbol with the plus sign. Then select the file on your computer that you would like to upload. The available version will be updated.
In the file preview, you can also see the "History" tab on the right. The version history is shown here and you also have the option of opening previous versions.
Can I also turn off versioning?
The background to this: It is only possible to restore an older version and avoid inconsistency via the history. It is possible to see at any time when the document was updated and – if the interface is configured accordingly – who made the last change.
What settings do I need to make to upload new versions in document widgets?
- If it concerns the layout of a community/page, you need to be the administrator of the corresponding element.
- The following applies to the global layout: You require the permission "Create and manage global widgets".
- The following applies to homepages: You need to be the administrator of the homepage(s).