This is where you’re notified
Check out the "bell" to see all your notifications. Your notifications are divided into two sections: Discussion and activity. You might first be wondering what you’re actually informed about. And, secondly, to which section certain actions and their notifications are allocated. You'll learn more about that now.
Since Cloud release 31, notifications are automatically deleted each night if they are more than 90 days old.
Here you are notified if you are personally involved or interested in topics. You will then always receive a notification if you have been marked in a post or you have commented on or subscribed to posts. This applies to content in forum and timeline apps.
- New comments on subscribed contents (e.g. timeline post)
- Mention with the @ mentioning in a comment or post
- Response to your own forum post
- Other comments to a forum post that you have responded to
Activities by other users on pages/in communities that you have subscribed to trigger a notification. This also applies to an event that you are participating in.
- A colleague subscribes to you
The following apps are always used on a page or in a community. To receive a notification – no matter whether as a user or as an admin – you need to subscribe to a page or community.
- You are assigned a task
- A task is no longer assigned to you
- An assigned task is due today
- A blog post has been published
- A file is uploaded to the documents app
- A file is updated in the documents app
- A submission is created
An e-mail notification is also sent if e-mail addresses are saved in the app settings.
- New post in the forum app
- New entry in the list app
- An entry in the list app is updated
- New article in the wiki app
- If you have subscribed to a new article in the wiki app, you’ll get a notification when there’s a new comment or the article is updated
- Invitation to a private event
- An event that you are participating in is cancelled
- An event that you are participating in has been changed
- Someone accepts an event for which you are the organizer
- All of the places are taken for an event for which you are the organizer
- All of the places are taken for an event and you’re response is still outstanding or you have responded with "maybe"
You also receive notifications for hashtags. These are triggered when the hashtag occurs here:
- In the name or content of an app
- In the name, content or teaser of a blog
- In a comment
- In the content of a timeline post
- In the name, description or location of an event
- In the name or description of a file
- In the name or content of a forum
- In the name or content of a wiki article
- In the name or content of a homepage
- In the name of an entry in the list app
- In the name or description of a page
- In the name or description of a community
- In the name of a task in the tasks app
Reported postsIf a post is reported and you have the permission to manage reported posts.
- Your request to join a community has been accepted
- Your request to join a community has been rejected
- Request from a user to access a community for which you are the admin
- A user has joined a community that you are a member of
- You have been invited to become the admin of a community
- You have been removed from a community
Unread or unseen - what's the difference?
How many unseen notifications you have is indicated by a small red number directly on the bell. If you now click on the bell, the number disappears and the notifications are considered as seen.
An unread notification can be considered as already seen, but it has not yet been clicked directly or confirmed via the "Mark all read"-button. As soon as one of both has happened, the small blue dot on the right side of the respective notification turns gray and it is considered both seen and read.