(*formerly G Suite)
The integration of the Google Workspace is an add-on for your digital home. You require a valid license key for activation. Simply create a ticket via the Service Desk and our account managers will be in touch with you.
Features of Google Workspace integration
Set up Google Workspace
1. Create Google Workspace client
- Log into console.developers.google.com
- Create a new project. Please ensure that this new project is selected in the first project selection.
- Open the Google API library via the left-hand navigation and search for the Google Drive API there. Activate this API.
- Go back to the Google API library and search for the Google Calendar API.
Activate this API, too.
- Go to "APIs & Services" > "Login data" > "OAuth consent screen" and configure at least the following:
- Name of the application
- Authorized domains (the domain of your COYO environment)
- Go to the tab "Login data" > "Create login data" > "OAuth client ID" and configure at least the following:
- Select "Web application"
- Authorized JS sources (the URL of COYO)
- The redirect URL can be configured later, as COYO will tell you what you need to enter here
- You should now see the new OAuth client login details in what’s known as an "overlay". Please keep this module open for now and continue with the configuration within COYO.
2. Configuration of COYO
- Log into COYO as an administrator with the permission to manage authentication providers (permissions: access to Administration + "Manage authentication providers")
- Go to "Authentication" > "Create authentication provider"
- Specify a name for the provider. This should be chosen carefully as it will be used on the login button and in the redirect URL. Example: "Google Workspace"
- Next, specify the "Type". Here, select "OpenID Connect".
- Activate the checkbox "Active" if you want the authentication provider to be available on the login screen.
- Select "Google IdP + Integration" as a default setting, which causes most of the other fields to be automatically configured.
- Now enter the "Client ID" and the "Client Secret" from the "OAuth Client" into the developer console of Google (see 1. Create Google Workspace client -> 1.6/1.7).
- Save the authentication provider. You are then redirected to the list of authentication providers. Edit the Google Workspace provider that has just been created again and copy the "redirect URL" from the blue box at the very bottom.
- Go to the Google page and edit the "OAuth Client" and add the authorized redirect URIs here.
- Go back to the Administration interface in COYO and select the "General settings". Then select "Google Workspace" there as "Active Integration" from the drop-down menu ("Activate integration").
- Please make sure in the Administration interface that all roles that should use the Google integration have the corresponding permission ("Integration > "Activate Google Workspace").
3. Activate/deactivate the event synchronization per user
This is how it’s done:
- Go into "Account settings" in COYO.
- Select whether or not you want to "Synchronize events".