What is an iFrame?
iFrame is a format you can use to display other websites on your intranet.
How can I insert an iFrame?
Inside COYO you can add iFrames via the so-called "iFrame" widget, please note that to edit the layout of an element you must be admin of that element and often also need the right to manage global widgets.
What do I have to keep in mind when I want to use iFrames?
COYO uses the SSL standard to provide you with a secure platform. You can tell whether a page uses SSL by the URL: https URLs use SSL, whereas http URLs do not use the secure standard. Accordingly, you can only include pages that have an https URL.
What information do I need to use the iFrame widget?
- URL: Copy the full URL (with https!) here
- Pixel: Here you can define the height of the iFrame. The width can be set with the layout settings of the Widget.
- Scrolling: Defines if the iFrame is a static snippet of the website or if it is possible to scroll within the linked website.
Troubleshooting & FAQs
Help, I only see a gray box?!
If you see only a grey box, then there is probably a problem with the target page. The most common sources of error are:
- Missing SSL standard of the embedded page
- Blocking of iFrames by the target page
Tip: For this reason it is for example not possible to integrate Google search and YouTube.
Why doesn't the iFrame widget work with Google Maps?
Google offers the possibility to generate standardized links for the integration of maps, but the output is done directly as html. This format cannot be recognized by the iFrame widget, here you would have to use the html widget.
Can websites without SSL be integrated via iFrame Widget?
No, it is not intended to integrate websites that do not have SSL encryption. For security reasons, our browsers prohibit the integration of "insecure" pages via HTTP.